Monday 24 January 2011

Who Am I? I'm Spiderman.

Name: Day Gordon


Year: Senior


E-Mail: sadegordon@ufl.edu


  • Where are you from? Born in London, England. Raised Jamaican. Educated American. 
  • Why did you come to the University of Florida? It was cheapest.
  • Major? Journalism.
  • Why are you taking this course (besides the fact it is required)? That's the only reason. That and I'm a self-proclaimed grammar Nazi. 
  • Outside interests, hobbies, avocations, things you love to do? Roller derby. 
  • Tell me one interesting thing about you – something that makes you unique. Roller derby. 
  • Are you the first person in your family to attend a university? No. 
  • On a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being top-notch, how would you rate your knowledge of grammar, punctuation and AP style? It varies. Today, I'm feeling like a four. 
  • On the same scale, how would you rate your skills with working with InDesign and PhotoShop and with online media in general? Probably a seven in photoshop and a four with InDesign. Online media is easy. I'll give that a nine. 
  • What online skills do you feel you are proficient at? I used to know a bit of HTML, and I can navigate the web simply enough. I know how social networking works, but I wouldn't say I'm proficient at it... mostly by choice.
  • Where do you get most of your news? The paper.
  • What books are you reading and have read in the last three months? A lot... I read many books at once. Under the Dome by Stephen King, The Little Prince by that French guy, The Book Thief, Don Quixote and a few online manga. I take a while to read books I'm not completely invested in. 
  • Career Goals? In an ideal world, I'd be traveling about as an ambassador or as a foreign correspondent in East Asian countries writing about the people rather than the politics. Realistically, I'll probably work for a paper in Japan or something.
  • What magazines, newspapers and news Web sites do you read regularly? New York Times... The Onion... The Daily Show? 
  • What is your favorite website? I don't have one.
  • Do you blog? No. 
  • Do you have any media/communication experience? If so, what? Yes. I interned at the Stuart News, Stuart Magazine, the Palm Beach Post and I work for the Gainesville Sun currently. 
  • Are you pursuing a media related internship or job at this time? I work at the Gainesville Sun.
  • Do you have an updated resume in your files? No. 

No comments:

Post a Comment